I can’t believe it’s already Tuesday again? Time is so messed up these days being pregnant – on one hand, it’s flying. How on EARTH am I already almost 35 weeks pregnant? On the other hand, it’s dragggginnnggg – Is it seriously still April?
My internet’s been really weird the past week, but I think it’s all handled now. And not a moment too late as today is such a gross day – overcast, cold, windy, and spitting. Days like this, I need a real pick me up, which bring us to this weeks 10 Things Tuesday:
10 Things That Make Me Happy on an Icky Day
1. Watching quirky TV shows: New Girl, Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother, etc. Usually a quick 30 minute episode of any of these shows will do the trick, but sometimes you just need a marathon. Usually the ickiness of the day correlates exponentially to the length of the marathon.
2. Pizza. Pizza. Pizza. Something about the combo of bread, sauce, and cheese always puts me in a good mood. Order it to be delivered, and life is that much better. I apologize in advance to all of you who live where the only pizza options Domino’s or Pizza Hut. As much as I ache to live down south, I don’t know how to live without good, buy by the slice pizza.
3. DIY it up lady. I love arts and crafts. They are my all time favorite. When it’s icky out, I feel like I’ve gotten a free pass from the world to work on my 846,250 projects that I’m working on at any moment. (just make sure to separate the DIYing and the pizza. Trust me on this one.)
4. Catch up on your shows. Do you have an shows that you watch in bursts? Watching them weekly sounds like a lot of work/commitment, but sometimes you go a watch the 5 episodes that you missed all at once. Icky days are the best for this. I’m looking at you, Grimm and Nashville.
6. Go online window shopping. Please, please, please tell me I’m not the only one who does this? Go to your favorite shopping website, and go shopping. Add things to your cart. Rack up a big ol’ bill. Then see the subtotal and laugh. For some reason, I find this fun and entertaining. If the website has a ‘wishlist’ option, that works as well, though no as fun.
7. Clean. Okay, depending on the day, this is a bad option. But sometimes, I feel the need to go on a cleaning binge. I clean out closets and drawers and fill up bags of crap to throw out. I do a billion loads of laundry or move all the furniture to sweep under it. And man, when I lay down later (maybe after eating a bowl of soup and more cookies than I care to admit) and I smell how clean everything is, damn it feels good.
8. Call someone I haven’t talked to in a while. I’m the queen of texting and emailing. I HATE talking on the phone. But sometimes on an icky day, I’ll call one of the people who love to talk on the phone and chat for an hour or so. Usually at the end I wonder why I don’t do it more, and everyone’s happy. Then I don’t call again until the next monsoon. Love ya, Dad!
9. Read a non-sense book or magazine. Often, when I’m reading I feel like I have to read something fulfilling, that will enlighten me, or expand my knowledge. Icky day = reading trashy magazines and romance novels.
10. Cuddle or take a nap. If it’s a Sunday (the Mechanic’s only day off) and an icky day, I’ll try to convince him to sneak upstairs and spend the day cuddled up and comfy. Keep the PJ’s on, turn on a good movie or show, and just do nothing. When was the last time you did nothing? A long time ago, I’m sure, if you’re anything like me.
So what do you do when it’s really icky out? Let me know in the comments!